Canara Bank was founded in 1906 by late Sri. Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The Bank was initially named as ‘Canara Bank Hindu Permanent Fund’. It blossomed into a limited company in 1910 and was renamed as ‘Canara Bank Ltd’. In 1969 the Bank was nationalized and thereafter came to be known as Canara Bank.
Canara Bank entered Forex arena in 1953 with the opening of its first Foreign Exchange Department in Mumbai. The Bank has 5 forex dealing rooms located in Mumbai, New Delhi, Calcutta, Chennai and Bangalore in India and one in London branch. Canbank provides a wide range of services and products like sale and purchase of 7 world currencies, swap currency and forward bookings.
All Branches of Canara Bank areÂ computerized, the bank provides a wide array of services, such as, Networked ATMs, Anywhere Banking, Telebanking, Remote Access Terminals Internet & Mobile Banking, Debit Card etc.